Leeds had made the exicting transition to Exchange Online and Office 365. Today, you can sign into the new Outlook Web App here >> https://outlook.office365.com/ (use your email@example.com and university password). The Outlook Web App is an online, slimmed down, version of Outlook 2013. It has many improvements over Exchangeweb and will integrate with Outlook much better.
New features of this transition to Exchange Online include:
- Email and shared calendaring with 50GB of storage space (up from 2GB)
- Improved Outlook Web App (same functionality across all modern browsers)
- Global address list including name, department and phone information for all faculty and staff
- Email contact data for all people, resources and lists in Exchange Online environment
- Accommodates multiple personal calendars, multiple group calendars, as well as resource calendars for scheduling of rooms, equipment, and other resources
- Built-in virus scanner
- Tight integration with Office 365 suite
- Custom configuration abilitiies
Previously, the default for the max amount of space your mailbox could house was set to 2GB, now it’s 50GB. This means no more spam emails from OIT saying your mailbox is full!